Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Little Lake Action

Goal for this past weekend: GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.  No more yard work, no cleaning, no errands.  Just get out and have some fun.  Like the good ole days.  I've been missing the footloose and fantsy free weekends that we used to have in Zurich. Funny how the memory is so selective, funny how you only remember the really good or the really bad and nothing in between.  At least that's how it works for me, and currently my mind is in the grieving Zurich phase of, woah is me, life in Zurich was SO GREAT ALL THE TIME. I'm sure that is how it REALLY was! It doesn't help that I read the blogs of all our friends there and read about all their fun adventures.  Common theme here: Stacey, your behavior is NOT helping the situation. 

So, self therapy to the rescue: The Lake.

I was very pleasantly surprised when we pulled up and found little jetty like cliffs, each with their own private picnic tabled gazebos and grills.  And then we had a nice little cove/beach to play on. 



We fired up some burgers on the grill, gave Brooks a watermelon to devour and we were set.

The boys took a dip in the lake, and I got taunted a little for being such a wimp.......no thank you Mr. Water Moccasin and gigantic man eating carp, I don't want to be your swimming companion. 
The view from the lake while I was watching the swimmers was quite fab. 


And we even happened upon an ancient ruin from the original settlers of this region while there.......for a moment I felt like I was back in Europe.