It's baseball season again, and the one thing I didn't take in to consideration when we started these sports commitments, was that we have GROWING boys. That means, each season we can't just reuse our stuff, like probably their feet wont fit in their shoes from last season. Novel idea, but cheap ole me never thought about this. So, Chance and I were in line to check out with our handful of baseball gear, one size larger. The line was looooong, and damn those displays near the checkout counters......I swear when I shop with kids in tow, I always spend more money. Chance was begging for the sunglasses beautifully displayed there. The lady in front says, "I have a boy about your age. He got 2 pairs of sunglasses and broke them both, so now he doesn't get any more sunglasses". Chance was perplexed.....and asks how old her son was. She proceeds to tell him he was born December 3, 2003 (Chance was born Dec 22, 2003).
Later in the car on the way home, Chance says,
"Mom, I can't believe that boy was 19 days older than me and broke both pairs of his sunglasses. I mean, how can someone SO MUCH OLDER THAN ME be SOOOOOO irresponsible?"