My New Years Resolution: CONTENT. Not "Contentment" which is also on the list, but to produce weekly usable content for the blog. This leads to New Years Resolution #2: Find time. It's gotta be out there somewhere. Put the 2 together and we have a blog up and running again.

This week marks Brooks at 16 months old. Boy does time fly. Each month that passes he grows more cute and more loveable. Right now he and I are amidst a very strong love affair. Basically it just boils down to the fact that I am the best person to be with at all moments. Dada, who used to be #1 (remember), has now unfortunately for him taken a back seat. Or maybe it's not so unfortunate for him at 1 a.m. when Daddy just doesn't do the trick. Everyday there is a new word out of his mouth. My favorite right now are "uh-oh", "more", "f-f-f-f-f-f-f" for our new frog pets, "bubbles" for taking a bath, and "no". Good thing for us, he really only says no if you ask him to. Or the way he calls himself "Buh-fa" and says "I do" with the most profound Texas accent. And how could I forget the infamous "Da-doo" for Thank You, which he does say at the most appropriate times. He even brings me things he shouldn't have and says "da-doo".
Yesterday the stomach bug hit. Brooks was a happy camper all day until we went out to the bus stop to get Chance and the river opened and for the next couple hours, I got to experience the insides of Brooks's stomach. In the middle of vomiting, I asked Chance to hurry and get him a bowl. He brings it to Brooks who is sitting there in my lap in utter misery, and he graciously looks at Chance and mumbles "da-doo". How could I not be in love?