Thursday, September 16, 2010

And Finally He Noticed

Chance has this small fan at his bedside table that he likes to blast at full speed when he goes to bed.  He likes to bundle up under his down comforter, and to counter act the 81 degree heat that we live in, he employs his trusty friend to create some coolness. How he can sleep with 100 mile per hour winds blowing so close to his face I have yet to understand, cause when I lay down with him to spend a couple minutes before bed, it is eye-dryingly strong wind. 

Every night before we go to bed, either Ryan or I sneak in his room and turn off the fan.  I have secret fears of it catching fire or blowing Chance straight thru the wall.  Possibly even creating a tornado, cause we all know we don't have enough of those around here already.  Funny thing is, he's NEVER noticed or mentioned the fact that he goes to bed with the fan on, and wakes with it off.  I keep wondering at what point he'll notice.

And finally he noticed, 4.5 months later, telling me tonight not to turn off his fan in the middle of the night.