Monday, July 12, 2010

Today's Conversations


I can't sing enough praises about Chance and the love he has for Brooks. 
He's always looking out for him, and again almost tackled Amy's 16 month old when he got too close to Brooks.  He likes to take an active role in whatever he can, so today I let him feed Brooks his milk.  He held him in his lap and held his sippy cup.  Midway thru Brooks lets out a cry for who knows why, but it happened and Chance responded: "Brooooooooks, can't you see I am trying to help you so that you'll grow up to be as great as I am?" 

Later at the kitchen table, Chance is eating his lunch, I am sitting there munching on bread I'm not supposed to, and Brooks is crawling around the front hallway.  Chance asks me, "Mom, have you noticed yet that Brooks is crawling?"  Uh, ya I noticed that about over a month ago? 

As we were sitting there Brooks holds up his hand to show me something he has found on the ground, something very small that is likely headed straight for where all things end with Brooks, the MOUTH.  Chance yells, "I'll get it", and runs and grabs the piece of lint out of Brooks's hand.  I mention something about Brooks being in to everything, and Chance responds, "Ya, he's a really good finder."