Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mini Reunion

About the time we were celebrating our year anniversary in Zurich, Ryan's sister Beth sent me an email asking if she could give my contact information to a couple moving to Zurich that she knew through work.  About a month after that, Amy and Wes move in down the street from us with their son Layton and we were friends ever since.  What a small world.  We got to see Layton grow from a 13 month old baby into a 3 year old, and we also got to welcome little Trevor in to the world while they were in Zurich.  They moved home last September, paving the way for us.  And luckily for me, they moved back to Dallas and are now very close to where we live!


So Amy and her boys came over, it was so good to see them after almost 9 months.  Little Trevor is now walking all over the place and him being in our house was such a good indicator of what is to come......and where we need to baby proof NOW.   Like the back of the computer facing out in to the room with cords all over the place, or the breakable knickknacks on shelves that little hands can reach.  I am so out of touch, and at the rate Brooks is moving these days, I better get to work!

Chance was super cute, being the protective big brother, hovering over Brooks as Trevor tried to play with him.  I love that Chance is so good and so kind to Brooks.  He is so lucky to have him.

After Amy left, Chance and I were in his room and I commented that he could earn a star for his allowance chart if he were to pick up his room.  He said, "Na, I'm going to leave it for Layton to clean up when he comes back on Sunday."