Saturday, May 15, 2010

So You Want Me To Save These?

We've been keeping the doors open a lot lately, with the nice cool weather that has been lingering.  Which let's in the occasional fly. Brooks has really taken to them and his little friend that kept landing on his highchair tray kept him amused for quite a long time.  I had to choose.....nasty fly or quiet child.  It's always quite the delima.

So tonight Ryan asks me if I wanted to save the 6 Lemon poppy seed muffins that I had made for breakfast today.  They had been sitting out all day, it was just the one thing that I couldn't some how get to to put them away.

He calls from the kitchen as he's doing the dishes (note: he's doing the dishes):  HONEY, you want me to save these muffins? 

YES, I reply.  I'm too frugal to let them go to waste.

REALLY? You want me to save these muffins that flies have been on ALL day.  There's probably maggot eggs and throw up on them.  And the flies have been sitting on them eating their own throw up.

OK.  So we had one fly in the house who probably flew by to have a little taste.  I was going to get over that, until you have to go and put it that way.